HELPING PASTORS & LEADERS
Forge cultivates learning communities by identifying, developing, and nurturing missional leaders. Forge does not plant churches or run ministries, but instead trains missionaries to thrive in whatever context they are called, be that a local church, a non-profit, a neighborhood, a professional network, etc. Forge is unique in that it allies innovative church plants, mission ventures, a wide variety of theological colleges, and a number of major evangelical denominations and agencies. The Forge Network is led by active missional practitioners who are able to offer significant experiential training.
What does this look like?
What does this look like?
- Move your local church from maintenance to movement
- Create a discipleship culture that equips everyday individuals to participate with God in His mission in the places they live, work, and play
- Develop pathways for seeing new missional initiatives, church plants, kingdom expressions pioneered
- Receive coaching from missional practitioners who are engaging in God’s mission and leading others to do the same
- Learn alongside other leaders in your region who are seeking to also mobilize those they lead
- Connect with and learn from an international tribe
Forge creates partnerships with the local churches to offer longer term consulting to apply the tools offered to their unique context. Jumping in with these partnership means the following:
- A personal coaching relationship. The Forge hub liaison will meet 12 times/year with the leader or leadership team from a local church, network, or nonprofit. The Forge hub liaison is also available for additional questions, coaching, and even potential customized experiences for your church or network.
- A regional relationship with other partners and practitioners. The regional learning community will provide the space for these regional relationships to be formed and nurtured.
- Online Training. The Forge online training, also called the Forge Missionary Formation Residency, is provided to the partner to assist them in equipping those they lead to join God in His mission and pioneer new expressions of church. This residency is 6-months in length and is delivered via an online platform in and through the local church. Forge Boston is also developing a number of 4-week Learning Lab experiences for a quick immersion in missional ideas for normal Christians, which are included for all partners.
- Additional Online Resources. Forge has compiled thousands of hours of resources to assist each partner as the mobilize women and men and aid in pioneering new Kingdom expressions and missional initiatives.
- Shared Learnings. We believe the most significant learnings happen from those on the edges “giving it a go.” Forge relies heavily on the local learnings to inform how we continually shape our training.
- Shared Stories. Your story and the stories of those you train will develop throughout this partnership. Forge utilizes these stories to inspire others. It is In stories that others see themselves and are inspired to also join God in His life changing, community transforming mission.
Forge seeks to connect missional practitioners from around the region to learn alongside one another and to cross pollinate ideas. This connection allows for encouragement for those on the front lines of missional endeavors, as well as an opportunity learn from others on a similar journey. In doing so, we hope to foster real movement in our area that creates a culture that champions Kingdom over the individual brands of any single church or network.